Our partner on the part of the EU is the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA), an agency of the European Commission that deals with EU funding programmes. For ASFINAG, the funding programme Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) is of particular interest.
The following ASFINAG projects, or projects the ASFINAG is involved in, are currently co-financed by the European Commission:
- A 5 North motorway, Schrick - Poysbrunn section: Around 21 million euros
- A 5 North motorway, Poysbrunn – national border section: Around 1.3 million euros
- A 11 Karawanken motorway, full development of the Karawanken Tunnel: Around 3.5 million euros
- Development of intelligent traffic systems: Around 1.9 million euros.
- Development of lorry parking spaces and of lorry parking information systems: Around 3.0 million euros
- Implementation of standard international and interoperable cooperative systems for the purpose of traffic data exchange (pilot in Austria): Around 9.2 million euros