Every driver will at some point have heard a wrong-way driver announcement on the radio. But what goes on behind the scenes?
This is what we do before we give the all-clear.
- We alert the police and the traffic channel
- We activate the overhead warning messages and update the notification boards
- All emergency telephones along that section flash
- Our operators in the traffic management centres watch the wrong-way driver on the cameras
- We switch the nearby tunnels to yellow (=attention) or to red (=tunnel closed)
Only once we have received the executive all-clear do we deactivate all the signs and displays and notify all involved organisational units and the radio channel.