What we do…
Every year, we invest some 500 million euros in road safety – half of our total investment volume:
- We build second tunnel tubes to prevent fatal head-on collisions
- We equip the tunnels with the latest safety technology currently available
- We build the most modern rest areas in Europe
- We rely on tailored traffic information around the clock
- We continually refurbish and modernise our roads – especially the safety facilities such as guard rails and impact attenuators
- We have developed our own road safety programme 2020 – 130 very specific road safety projects.
What you do...
The statistics show that every year fewer people die on Austrian motorways and expressways. That's great! But: Last year, 33 people died in accidents – that's a historic low (in 2017 there were 54 people), that's 33 too many! And: The analysis shows that many of these accidents could have been prevented. We therefore call on you to
- Watch your speed at all times! Slow down when visibility is poor, or when snow and rain make the road slippery.
- Always keep enough distance
- Take regular breaks on long trips
- Concentrate while you drive and don't let yourself be distracted – driving a car is more than a side note…!
Below, we explain to you briefly what your safety is worth to us and what we do to ensure it. We also provide you with important information and tips on how to arrive safely. Take a look: your safety is worth it!