The following features allow you to tell a real toll sticker from a fake one:
- All toll stickers are produced by a specialist company. Similar to a bank note, they have a security hologram that serves as the main protection against counterfeiting: when you tilt the toll sticker, the federal eagle and the motorway symbol shimmer.
- Also part of the hologram: The year "e.g. 21" refers to the toll sticker's period of validity from 1 December 2020 until 31 January 2022.
- Furthermore, the real toll sticker is not light-permeable even when you hold it against strong light. The same applies to the carrier foil: the writing on one side must not shine through to the other side.
- The surface of the toll sticker is made of a special material that reflects Using a torch, this effect can be easily observed when the toll sticker is attached to the vehicle.
- The empty field on the carrier foil – to which the toll sticker was attached before being pulled off – must not have any adhesive residue on it.
In addition, you can also make a toll sticker authentification online. By entering the toll sticker number including the check digit, the system detects whether the toll sticker is a correctly printed one. The toll sticker number can be found under the printed barcode.
Please enter the toll sticker barcode here: