Toll Sticker and Digital VignetteThe toll sticker has been compulsory on Austria's motorways and expressways since 1997.
All cars, motorbikes and camper vans up to 3.5 mpw (maximum permissible weight) must properly display a toll sticker or have purchased online in time a digital vignette when they drive onto a motorway or expressway.
Vignettes with periods of validity of 10 days, 2 months or 1 year are available from more than 6,000 outlets in Austria and abroad as well as in the ASFINAG toll shop or the App Unterwegs.
|Type of vehicle||Annual Vignette||2-month Vignette||10-day Vignette|
|Car (Vehicle with a maximum gross vehicle weight of up to 3.5 t)|| |
|Rates in EUR, Prices include 20 % VAT, valid as 1st of December 2022|
The Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation and Technology sets the toll sticker prices in consultation with the Federal Minister of Finance.
Stick or clickThe choice is yours
With the Vignette 2018 we offer for the first time an alternative to the traditional toll sticker. The digital vignette, unlike to its analogue sister, is bound to the license plate and offers greater convenience for holders of transferable number plates. For those who want to continue to stick, of course, the toll sticker is available.
Exceptions to the compulsory Vignette usage
As of now, the toll collection along the entire motorway and expressway network of Austria, which up until this point was uninterrupted, shall allow individual exceptions, at least temporarily. These exceptions came into force on 15 December, 2019 and apply to fout sections. The legal basis for this is the Federal Roads Toll Act (Bundesstraßenmautgesetz).
The exceptions apply to the following stretches of road:
- the toll road A 1 Westautobahn between the national border at Walserberg and the Salzburg Nord junction,
- the toll road A 12 Inntalautobahn between the national border at Kufstein and the Kufstein-Süd junction,
- the toll road A 14 Rheintal/Walgau Autobahn between the national border at Hörbranz and the Hohenems junction and
- the toll road A 26 Linzer Autobahn (currently still under construction)
- Info folder vignette and section toll 2023 07.11.2022 (.pdf, 4.1 MB)
- Personal data Information for the processing of personal data in ASFINAG toll systems
- Frequently asked questions about the vignette